Thursday, June 30, 2011

Aww poop. Part 2

Scroll down to "Aww Poop" for the background info.


So yesterday I looked forward to repeating the success we had the day before. I hoped he wouldn't poop at school so he'd be ready to go once we got home. He needed a haircut so we stopped for a scheduled appt on the way home. We also picked up some dinner.


We get home and the first thing I do is take him to the potty. His pull up was wet, so there goes #1. I sit him down and try the hover maneuver for just a minute or so.


Nothing.


We retreat to the table and have dinner (pizza). He's fine for a bit...getting pizza sauce all over his hands etc.
He then starts to wiggle around and won't eat. Seems to be in a hurry to get out of his booster seat. I tell my wife I'm going to change shirts real quick (because I don't want greasy pizza hands all over a good shirt!).


She gets him down from his chair and they rush off to the bathroom. By the time I arrive in an old shirt, it's all over.


He couldn't hold it....there's some poop in the bowl, and some not in the bowl. Poor little guy.


You might think that this was a failure compared to the previous day's success but I disagree.


He's never been one to broadcast that he's about to poop. One second he's fine, the next he's done. This time though, he got all worked up about it. He didn't protest when my wife rushed him down the hallway to the bathroom. He didn't protest when she sat him down. He finished what he had started seconds earlier.


It's like he knew where he needed to be and was upset that he wasn't there in time.


He was rewarded with his favorite cereal (dry cinnamon toast crunch) just like the day before. I can't wait to get him home to try it again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment